Sunday, March 15, 2015

Highways

Life is a highway.




Sometimes it's a two-lane road in the middle of nowhere and I'm 99% sure I'm going the right way.

Other days it's a highway straight out of seattle and my GPS is saying too many things at once.

Some cars are going somewhere else.  Some tailgate you.  Some 'wave hello' as they aggressively pass you.  

Some cars are old and beat up.  Some are brand-new and drive fast.  Some cars smile and stay on the road with you for a while.

Some cars crash.

Life is a highway.

Sometimes I want to drive through the night.

Other nights I have to exit and stop at a hotel.

Sometimes I take the scenic roads.  Maybe stop at a museum.

Sometimes the roads that are the most familiar become hazardous in snow or rain.

Life is a highway.

Sometimes the car breaks down and I pull over.

Sometimes I pass cars with their hazards on and their hood up.

Sometimes I speed.

Life is a highway.

And I want to play my music and sing it as loud as I possibly can.  It's not that I'm trying to drown out the sirens, the others cars or you.  Remember that.

Sometimes you're trying to read that bumper sticker but that car gets out of sight despite your best efforts.

Sometimes the sun is warm.  Sometimes it's in our eyes.

Life is a highway.


and you don't need to set a speed record or drive the nicest car.

Life is a highway.

So pull over and help out that car.

Let people in.

Roll down the windows and play your jam.

Enjoy the ride.

Life is an adventure not a challenge or a test.

Life is a highway.

You only get one tank of gas so make sure to use it to do something truly special.

4 comments:

  1. I liked the idea of this post.

    "Sometimes the roads that are the most familiar become hazardous in snow or rain."

    ~good stuff~

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and im 99% sure im going the right way." And I like the things about the music and the bumper sticker.
    This post is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're incredible. Can't wait to find out who you are.

    ReplyDelete