Sunday, April 19, 2015

Unmemorable

There's six more weeks of school left



It's my senior year

 ...and I'm stressing out because I haven't done anything memorable

I thought I'd have at least a few decent stories to tell by now

I don't know how I am going to answer the question "What are some of your favorite memories from high school?"

I made most of my worst memories here



It's my senior year

...and I still eat most of my lunches alone

I thought I'd have that tight knit group of friends by now

I don't know how to answer the question "Who is your best friend?"

There's eighteen weeks until school starts



It's my last summer here

...and I'll probably sleep most of it away

I thought I'd be taking a big senior trip

I don't know how to answer the question "what are your summer plans?"

There's eighteen weeks until school starts



I'll be leaving soon

...and I'm not sure I like where I'm going

I thought that I chose the right school but I'm starting to second guess myself

I just wanted a friend as a roommate

There's eighteen more weeks of 'where I grew up'



This is the final page of the first chapter of my life

...and I'm surprised I'm still reading

I thought the cover looked cool

But so far the story's really unmemorable




4 comments:

  1. ugh amen. but I mean it when I say, you seem like the type of kid that's going places. cool places. places that are going to make you forget high school and every lunch you ever ate alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's 18 more weeks of 'where I grew up'

    Woah that line hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive felt like this and i dont like it either. its tough. but i think youve got this. youve got this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. scary that it's coming so fast. this is relatable

    ReplyDelete